- Chop 1 cup beans, carrots and 1-2 potatoes in cubes.
- You can also add beets and any other seasonal vegetables of your choice.
- Steam the vegetables together in a pot or a pressure cooker till they are soft, but not soggy.
- Mash these well.
- Add a few roughly chopped coriander leaves, 1-2 chopped green chillies, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp cumin powder and 1 tbsp ginger paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of powdered Poha.
- Mix everything well to form a non sticky and non soggy batter.
- Divide the batter into small portions to make patties.
- Next make a thin batter using water and 2 tbsp of besan or rice flour.
- Coat the patties with this thin batter
for all patties, on both sides.
- Heal 2 tbsp oil in a small cast iron pan and cook the cutlets from both sides till golden.
Serve hot with green Chutney.