- Weight loss diets are not a good option as they are growing and developing.
- Restrictive diets / elimination diets may not supply the energy and nutrients needed for normal growth and development. A child who eats poorly is irritable, lacks energy, is sick and losses interest easily.
Pillar of this Health Programme
1. Promote Healthy Eating.
2. Promote Physical Activity - Get 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
3. Limit Screen Time (to 30 - 60 mins a day) - With all new gadgets available, it's easy to sit for long time.
4. Encourage Outdoor Play - Encourage them to be active everyday.
5. Discourage Eating Meals while watching TV - It leads to overeating as it is difficult to pay attention to feeling of fullness.
6. Make their favorite dish healthier.
7. Drink More Water (Hydrate) - Drink throughout the day.
8. Do not give unnecessary sugar to drink or in foods.
9. Teach kids about serving size.
- Chips : Smallest serving size
- Limit calories from fats and sweets.
- Avoid Sugary drinks, home snacking on chips and candies.
- Eating at Restraunt / Fast Food - Once A Week
- Dinner : 1-2 Roti with 1 katori dal/ paneer/ chicken/ fish + 1/2 katori veg.
- Milk : 200 ml
- Curd : 1 katori
- Dal/ Paneer/ Chicken/ Soya : 1 Katori
- Roti : 2 in number
- Rice : 1-2 katori
- Breads (Breakfast/ Snacks) : 2 in number
*Avoid packed soups, pasta and frozen food.
PS :Being a role model for your kid too
- Staying at a healthy weight
- Non Smoking
- Consuming alcohol in moderation